Here is the first in our “Meet the Staff” series – Favorite Summertime Wine & Food Pairings. Vineyard Manager, Steve Weaver, likes these roasted peppers with his Tailgate White. The fresh, citrus finish of this refreshing summertime wine compliments spicy food.
ROASTED SHISHITO PEPPERS
- 1 package shishito peppers
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil, to coat
- healthy pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the shishito peppers in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the avocado (or other high heat oil) over the peppers and toss to coat. (Feel free to get creative here – sesame seed oil, spices, whatever you can think of. They’re mild, so anything goes!)
- Dump the peppers out onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are blistered and puffy.
- Remove from the oven, watch the magic peppers deflate, and serve immediately with a chilled glass of Tailgate White!